Infrastructure Bill and Stock Market Highlights
ROBARE & JONES ON THE MARKETS
The S&P 500 rose 0.7% this week to yet another fresh record closing high at 4,468.37, up from last Friday's closing level. The market is now up almost 20% year to date.
Materials, consumer staples and financial sectors led the way this past week with each sector being up over 2%. Only the energy sector was in the red for the week which was down 0.8%.
With a portion of the infrastructure bill being passed this past week, here's some of the highlights:
- $110 billion for roads and bridges.
- $66 billion for railroads.
- $65 billion for the power grid.
- $65 billion for broadband.
- $55 billion for water infrastructure.
- $47 billion for cybersecurity and climate change.
- $39 billion for public transit.
- $25 billion for airports.
- $21 billion for the environment.
- $17 billion for ports.
- $11 billion for safety.
- $8 billion for Western water infrastructure.
- $7.5 billion for electric vehicle charging stations.
- $7.5 billion for electric school buses.
Let's take a look at the markets from this past week!
FREE Medicare Webinar!
THIS WEEK on August 18th from 11am to 12pm CST we will be hosting a FREE Medicare Webinar “Planning for Health Care Costs in Retirement” with Brad Angel, Sr. Vice President at Fidelity Investments.
With health care spending projected to grow 5.4% annually, health care costs remain one of the largest threats to retirement savings. The webinar will help you gain a better understanding of these costs, the coverage options available (including a heavy focus on Medicare) and the steps you can take to develop a plan.
If you would like to submit questions ahead of time, please feel free to respond to this email and we will gladly pass those along.
Sign up for the Webinar here!
Have you started planning for Medicare?